Friday, April 1, 2011

Pep Guardiola Says His Time at Barca is Over

Barcelona head-coach Pep Guardiola revealed he will leave the club next summer, meaning he’ll respect his current contract which expires in summer 2012 and then he’ll be heading forth.

“I think my time is ending here in Barcelona,” he stated for Italian channel Rai Sport. “I’m fine here, but when you’re at a club like this you cannot stay for too long.

“Next year will be the fourth consecutive season as coach of Barcelona. Such a club must have a lot of courage to take a coach for so long, because the players get tired of coaches and vice-versa.”


The 40-year-old Spaniard took over the Catalan club from Frank Rijkaard in 2008 but is now suggesting he prefers short-term deals and according to the rumors Manchester United have taken an interest in negotiating a deal with Guardiola, the question is are they willing to agree to sign him for a while, considering they don’t take a manager for granted. But there’s another option opened for him, Accordingly, AC Milan too would welcome Guardiola. Asked if he would accept coming to Italy he answered: “I have too much respect for Barcelona to speak to other clubs while I have a contract with them.




“But, when the moment comes to go, I will thank the club for the successes and for making me strong. Then, it depends how I feel. I may come if I still want to coach, but it takes enthusiasm and more to make such a decision.

“Once I am free then I can speak with clubs, but while I am here I will never permit myself to speak with
others.

“Inter had Benitez – a great coach – and it went like this and that, now Inter have Leonardo – [president Massimo] Moratti has a great coach.

“Then there is Massimiliano Allegri at Milan – I had the luck to meet him in the summer. They are both big European teams with great players.

source:here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...