Thursday, June 20, 2013

Beckham causes stampede at Shanghai University, several people were injured


Beckham was due to meet members of the Shanghai Tongji University football team, with a mass of fans gathering at the stadium to catch a glimpse of the star.

But the crowd chaos was such that Beckham never got the opportunity to meet the team, and he latter addressed the stampede and injuries on his Facebook page.

"I had an incredible response from everyone at Shanghai Tongji University today," read the post. "Sorry I couldn't get out on the pitch to see the teams but it was impossible to get through the massive crowds.

"I heard there were a few injuries, I hope the fans are ok and I wish them a speedy recovery."






GOAL.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...